Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's here! It's here!

I knew I was doomed when I saw the words 'Free International Shipping'. My order of unbelieveably gorgeous sock yarn is here! I'm still fondling it and gloating.

The booty:

Mountain Colours bearfoot in Granite Peak. Utterly beautiful. I just gaze at it mesmerised and can't stop touching. It would make wonderful gloves.

Smooshy in Spring Tickle. Just the lime/spring green I was hoping for. I'm thinking cabled boot socks.

Lana Grossa Meilenweit in cranberry latte. Lovely colours, standard yarn. It feels like it will wear well, and is earmarked for another pair of 2x2 zigzag cuff socks, but with more shaping into the ankle.

Noro sock yarn. Beautiful colours, weird feel. Best plan with this I think will be to knit at a very tight gauge, then felt to fit. Plenty of yardage to play with for this approach.

Photos when it's light.